Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Girls On The Road

I left on Wednesday to go to a job interview in Petaluma, and tie up some loose ends around the bay area, finally stopping in Redding to see the Set it Straight reunion show. It was a wonderful trip, and while I didn't get done much of the stuff I intended to get done, I stayed very busy the whole time. After living in isolation up here at the ranch for a while, I had totally forgot how many scores of young and beautiful women are all over the bay area.

There were four experiences with women, one in Oakland and three in Redding, that were worth mentioning in particular.

First of all, I went to Whole Foods to pick up some Tempah and Seitan, and I got in Carmen's line to get checked out by her, and she left her checkstand (presumably because her shift was done) right before I was about to get checked out. This is the second time this has happened. I don't believe in fate, but if I did I think I would take it as a sign that I oughtn't get involved with Carmen.

The other three women were at Set it Straight's show. Tori and Rachel are two best friends whom I've known for a while now. Tori is really perky and fun and bubbly and I had a crush on her almost instantly because she said when she was a kid her favorite part of Pirates of the Caribbean was when the woman lifts her skirt over the pirate's face to give him a peek at her hoo-hah. Rachel is more reserved and shy, and I always get a vibe like maybe she doesn't like me, but she's probably just shy, because who wouldn't like me? Anyway, we caught up for a while, and played soccer together, and it was a blast.

Then there was this goth girl named Tasha who had a really cool hat on and I told her I liked her hat. Brad was trying to convince me to bang the shit out of her and all that stuff that Brad always says, but I was content to just meet a nice person and have fun with a bunch of Redding friends who I hadn't seen in a while. She was nineteen, which I decided at one point would be my cut-off point for dating young women. Still, I'm really not looking to date anyone right now. My life is sort of in a transitional period, and dating is such a crazy thing that I really want to have my feet on the ground before I even think about it.

Although, I had a friend date with this girl named Bree who contacted me on okcupid back in the day. She seems pretty cool, but I was straight up about not wanting to date anyone romantically at this point in my life, and she was cool with that. I did that on Thursday in Berkeley.

And I didn't get the job. Thanks for asking, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment