Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Road Trip

So a couple of months ago, a dude hit my car in San Francisco and totaled it. To make a long story short, in order to deal with the insurance company and finally take the thing to the junk yard, I had to go to Hayward yesterday. I went with my father and it was a long drive for just running an erred.

Along the way, I saw some women.

The first was a woman with a cute dog who was at the gas station in Yreka. She was pretty good looking. She sort of looked like this drugged out lady that lived downstairs from me at one point, only not drugged out.

The second was a woman who was driving her car. She was a large framed, tall woman, not heavyset, but more like a WNBA type of woman. Other than the fact that athletic women are hot as hell, the reason I liked her is that she has a Smashing Pumpkins bumper sticker and a Pearl Jam bumper sticker. I'm not a huge fan of either of those two bands, but I was in junior high and high school (respectively) and I think it's sort of cute that those are the bands she's into. Also, it gives her a hint of grunge sensibility, and the grunge era was the time in my life when I was first learning about what's cool and what's not, so I find it sort of endearing.

The third woman who caught my attention, is a woman who has been catching my attention for some time now. She's a controversial woman, both in the public sphere and in my own moral compass. The public finds her annoying. I find her work in advertising to be altogether too capitalist, but I certainly don't find her annoying.

Photobucket

My father and I stayed at a motel in Redding last night, because he didn't want to drive back to Etna while the road was icy. There was an advertisement on the TV at the motel for the opportunity to be in a commercial with Progressive Flo. I am so all over that. What the hell? It's not like I'm employed. The funny thing is, as of yesterday I officially don't own a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment