Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I forgot to mention.

I have a wonderful, wonderful friend who I'm going to not name. I had a short visit with her while I was in Chico. She just went through a really awful breakup, and then another breakup with a rebound. I felt really bad because I could just tell she was doing awful. She wasn't sleeping or eating, and she was going though that unshakable, crushing sadness that comes with a bad breakup. I wish there was more I could do.

Anyway, she told me that she'd recently stopped drinking, because she'd gotten drunk and done something disorderly that resulted in her getting arrested. That made me feel good, because she's one of the sweetest, kindest people I've ever known, and if she is making those kind of decisions after a breakup, that sort of makes my issues surrounding you-know-who seem like small potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment