Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Holly Palance


I haven't been updating either this blog or Ve as much as I'd like to have. I beat Postal 2 a few days ago, and I mowed about half the lawn. Other than that, I've eaten cereal and pooped it out. Oh, I've also been vehemently trying to get a certain job, but to no avial yet. I couldn't sleep at all last night, so here I am. I figured as long as I was awake I might as well get something done.

I've been watching a lot of horror movies as of late. I watched The Omen, The Exorcist, The Unnamable, and Dagon. That seems like a lot to me at least. I guess in the grander scheme of things, it's not that many. Anyway, I thought Holly Palance, who portrays the nanny on The Omen, was a handsome woman.

I decided I'm not going to be forgiving with horror movies that have crappy endings anymore. I find ominous non-endings on horror movies really distasteful. I get that it's supposed to make the movie more scary, but if the protagonist doesn't conquer the antagonist in a story, then it's an unfinished story in my opinion. It's so annoying when movies do this, and I think it's getting worse. If the protagonist defeats the antagonist only to discover that another peril or something of that nature, I think that's a great ending to a horror movie, but to just be like 'Oh, the bad guy beat the good guy.' is bullshit. Any asshole can think up an ending like that. Why don't you grow some fucking guts and come up with an ending to your story. It pisses me off. It really does. And I think it's getting worse. Ever since The Blair Witch Project every movie thinks it's a grand idea to roll the credits as soon as it's done being scary. It worked for The Blair Witch Project because it was trying to emulate found footage, as opposed to Quarantine, The Strangers, House of The Devil, etc. where it's like they got tired of writing the script and decided to just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment