Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Brooke From Whole Foods And A Mom At The Taco Truck

I'm  in kind of a weird mood, because I'm almost totally done with my bachelors degree, and I'm a little apprehensive about my life undergoing such a huge change.

Anyway, today was my last day of classes before finals week, so I went to Whole Foods to stock up on junk food in preparing for finals week. Note that I don't care for Whole Foods. It's an unnecessary evil, as it is the only source of vegan cake that I know of in the bay, and I rarely if ever feel like baking myself. So I went there, and I was checked out by a quite attractive woman named Brooke who looked a little like Jacquetta Wheeler. She was very nice, but (and maybe I'm just looking for reasons to dislike Whole Foods) it seemed to me that she wasn't being nice to be nice. Rather, she was being nice to show off how alternative she was. I mean, the entire Whole Foods establishment is built upon trying to express this image of 'See the Dangerousway? That's not us!' Part of that is showing off how much nicer and more human the clerks are. Fucking hipsters. Besides, I've had some really nice clerks who checked me out at Dangerousway. I want to meet someone who's nice to me because they like being nice, not because they need to prove a point. Dig?

(I call Safeway 'Dangerousway' in case you haven't figured that out yet.)

After going to Whole Foods, I stopped by my favorite taco truck in the bay area, Tacos El Novillo in Fruitvale. When I got there, there was a very pretty woman waiting for her food with her kid. She seemed like she was probably a really good mommy, but she was really tired from a long day and ready to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment