Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

They Should Build A Statue of Me.

Or they could just name a mountain after me.

Why? Because I'm a twenty five year old man who's never been in a relationship (official or otherwise) with a woman for more than a couple of months. I've been kicked around more times than I care to think about. I've been hurt and stabbed in the back. I've gotten to the point where I would look in the mirror and want to tear my own face off, because I was so sick of being in my body. I survived when, a bright eyed and bushy tailed nineteen year old punk rocker, I came to someone with my heart in my hand, only to have her flip out on me, and two weeks later start screwing the best friend I'd made in Chico by that point. I survived when someone else made it very clear she didn't even respect me or see me as an equal right after one of the most humiliating moments of my life. I've survived after, six years of adolescent longing blossomed into the profound respect of a young adult and allowed me to finally work up the courage to approach a third someone and ask her out, only to have her say she had a boyfriend. I've survived the countless, countless times when friend and friend have picked on my incessantly, calling my every mannerism 'creepy' making me feel like a weak, deplorable, sliver of a man. I've survived more self-hate and loneliness than anyone else I know, and now, tonight, I've come to say 'Fuck you if you don't respect me. I should be your hero' This isn't about my life, or the women in it. This one's for me. I'm more of a man than most will ever be. Most people couldn't imagine going through what I've gone through and still being able to get up in the morning, let alone do the things I've done and make the world a better place in the way I have. I am everything the world needs, and my unimpressive romantic resume hasn't killed me, but has only made me stronger.

1 comment:

  1. I'll name a song after you if I could use your last name. The title I came up with sounds more of a town than reference to you.

    ReplyDelete