Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kelly McGillis

So the other day, I was packing up all my stuff to move, and while I was doing that I had movies playing that I'd seen many times and didn't have to pay close attention to. One of those movies is The House on Carroll Street (1988) which is a film that I just love to death. It's sort of noir-esque but at the same not blatantly dark or bleak, and the love story is, in my opinion, perfectly done.

I've seen this movie a lot of times now, and never before did I think Kelly McGillis was very cute in it. This time, I thought she was really attractive.

Photobucket

I suppose it's because her character in the film is determined, capable, and strong, but I knew that about her character in times that I watched the film before. It's a little frightening and frustrating to think that my taste in women is changing, even if I'm getting more into women with more substance, which is, I suppose, a good thing. I keep feeling like I need the opportunity to play the field more. My last girlfriend, Lauren, was my first in years, and it's been almost a year before our not-even-two-month relationship came to a close, and I haven't dated anyone since (and it's NOT for lack of trying).

It's like, now I'm able to see the more substantial qualities in a woman like Kelly McGillis but I never got the opportunity to fool around with less substantial women in order to grow in my attraction. Or am I just becoming more desperate? Would I still be attracted to a woman who lacked substance? Does McGillis really have any substance? I mean, her character does, but she could be ditsy as they come for all I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment