Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dora Doll

So as I'm writing this, I'm putting all my CDs onto my computer. While at other times in my life, I would have scoffed at such an activity, I've lost, had stolen, or simply misplaced so many irreplaceable albums that I am totally for having them backed up.

My friend Barbara Manning used to have these awesome record listening parties at her house. She did it every Thursday, and it was really the highlight of my week. During that time, she gave me a bunch of stuff from old bands she'd been in, or solo work. I was just now copying a split her band, Glands of External Secretion did with another band, Prick Decay. I was looking through the book, and Dora Doll from Prick Decay is super cute.

Photobucket
She's on the left, I assume.

I was born in 1984, so during the late 80's and early 90's, I was sort of formulating my foundation for what was cool for the first time. I feel really lucky to have been able to do this, because I love the pseudo-grunge/indie look that women had at this time. Also, the Generation X period was just an extremely intriguing and lovable time in the history of pop culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment